Interesting Facts About Diabetes
By Dr. Arindham Chatterjee
Secret diary contains lot of secret and interesting information which is not being shared among the large population and being held in between few groups and people.
Through this diary, we would like to share such useful and interesting information among the masses which will not only help them to lead a better and healthier but also will give them clear information about their health and wellbeing.
In this topic we would be sharing some facts about diabetes.
In today’s era every third person is suffering from Obesity and Diabetes. So, whether you have diabetes or you be familiar with someone who does, then you might want to learn some fascinating facts about this illness. In additional, knowing more about diabetes can help to enhance your awareness and inspire you to take control. As the saying goes, knowledge is power.
Interesting Facts About Diabetes
- The earliest known written record that likely referred to diabetes was in 1500 B.C in the Egyptian Ebers papyrus. It referred to the symptoms of frequent urination. And as per Vedas, the reference of Diabetes can be found in Ayurveda. Text ( Charka Samhita) , 5000 years ago only. So, Diabetes is an Age old Health Issue.
- Signs of Diabetes such as thirst, weight loss, and excess urination were recognized for more than 1200 years before the disease was named.
- As per Western Science, Diabetes is of 2 Type – Insulin Dependent referred as Type 1 and Non Insulin dependent referred as Type -2, but as per Ayurveda , Diabetes is of 20 Types.
- As per Western Science , Diabetes is incurable disease and one has to manage the same with pills and daily regime throughout their life , but as per Ayurveda – among the 20 Types of diabetes, first 16 Type of diabetes are curable and the remaining 4 Types are Yapyas means manageable .Madhumeha , comes under this category. So, all people who are diabetic, does not lose hope that they can’t be cured of this problem.
- In ancient times, doctors would test diabetes by seeing the urine gets attracted by ants or flies or not.
- Honey, if it is in its pure form, never increases Blood Sugar level and, thus pure honey can be consumed by the Diabetes Patients. (Reff. Charak Samhita)
- Fruits never increase Blood sugar level, even if it is sweet. Sugar is bad, but it depends upon which form and what you are consuming. Fruits contain high Fiber, Water, Vitamins, antioxidants and Fructose. Fructose is harmful if it is consumed in very high quantity and it is impossible to consume more fructose, if you consume Fruits.
- Long Standing history of Diabetes leads to Complications like Diabetic Retinopathy, Nephropathy and Neuropathy ( Damages the Eyes, Kidneys and Nervous system) and it is irreversible , But in Ayurveda we have Wonderful Herbo-mineral preparations, which prevents these Complications to occur and even if these complications has started, then these damages can also be repaired up to some extent and certain Stages. So, Don’t Lose Hope, try Ayurveda.
- In olden days, Starving, Fasting, Walking and Physical exercise were the methods adopted along with regular Yoga and Pranayama to help cure Diabetes, which is now again being followed and advised along with other medications.
- Diabetic Patient is prone to have Cardiac issue or High Blood pressure and a patient with both Diabetes and High Blood Pressure is prone to have Renal Impairment or kidney failure chances. So, consuming adequate amount of liquid by such patients prevents Kidney failure to much extent.
- According to the World Health Organization, the largest numbers of people with diabetes were estimated for the South East Asia and Western Pacific Regions, accounting for approximately half the diabetes in the world.
- According to the World Health Organization, approximately 422 million people are living with diabetes worldwide (data from 2014), nearly doubling the prevalence since 1980. Out of which Only a handful people knows about the complications of Diabetes and few % of people opt for alternative Science like Ayurveda. Thinking that is just a Home remedy Science and nothing more than that.
So, these were some facts and information about Diabetes. If you have any questions or if you are looking for more information, then feel free to ask.
- World Health Organization. Global Report on Diabetes.
- Diabetes.co.uk. Diabetes History.
- Charak Samhita
Health benefits of garlic on human health : Garlic is an essential herb which is highly rich in potassium and fibre. Regular consumption of one clove of garlic in empty stomach cures indigestion issues. According to National Institute of Ayurvedic Sciences, Jaipur there are several health benefits of garlic :-
- The minerals present in garlic prevent blood clotting and helps to get rid of heart diseases.
- It also controls the blood pressure levels in the body and hence it is beneficial in diabetes.
- Garlic is highly rich in selenium that cures infertility issues in both males and females.
- The iodine content present in garlic helps to control hyperthyroid levels in the body.
- Garlic contains Acilin which helps to control blood pressure level in the body and also promotes weight management.
- It contains Allium Sulphide which helps to get rid of Cancer.
- The antioxidant present in garlic prevents Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation in the body, joint pain etc.
- The presence of vitamin B6 in the body helps to build up the immune system and fight against harmful diseases.
- Garlic along with honey acts as a fat cutting agent induces weight loss, prevents a cough and cold and also controls blood cholesterol levels in the body.
For the treatment of leucorrhoea at home:
Take one ripened banana, smash it and mix it with 6 grams of pure ghee and eat it every morning and evening every day. Regular consumption of the mixture will prevent Leucorrhoea and its harmful effects.
Important Notice: If the above composition works for you then 4-6 drops of honey can be mixed which will complement the benefits of the remedy.
Point to Remember: Never use the same quantity of honey or ghee as it will turn into a poisonous mixture.
Useful Tips and Remedies
- For treating leucorrhoea, the cleanliness of vagina is the most important prospect. It should be cleaned and washed after every urination process.
- Boil neem leaves in 500 liters of water. Make it cool and use that water for vaginal wash.
- Mix 2 grams of alum powder in 500 liters of warm water and wash your vagina with this water during a bath or after urination for better results. Alum acts as an antiseptic which prevents further infections in the vaginal area.
- The use of neem or alum destroys the negative effects of Leucorrhoea, provides fast relief from the disease and also helps to remove the bad odor of private parts.
- In a case of any kind of pimples or scars in the vaginal area, boil 50 grams of neem leaves in 1-liter water. Let the water to be cooled. Mix 3 grams of alum in the cool water and use the lotion to get rid of the problem soon.
- Rice water obtained from boiled rice should be cooled for 20 minutes. Drink the warm rice water in the evening 2 hours before the dinner for 3-7 days. This is a great home remedy to treat leucorrhoea. According to Ayurveda, rice water is considered as an energy drink which is nutritious, delicious, acts as a digestive supplement and has great cooling effects.
- This remedy must be continued for 2-3 months for chronic leucorrhoea problem.
- Fry 1 kg of Moong dal in a dry pan without using oil. Powder the fried moong dal and make Laddu by mixing 100 grams of pure ghee and 100 grams powdered sugar in it. Eat one laddu every day in empty stomach to get rid of leucorrhoea. Regular consumption for a week can treat Leucorrhoea from the roots.
- Powder dry amla along with seeds and rock candy (misri) separately and mix them in equal proportion. Take 1 teaspoonful of the mixture along with water in the empty stomach two times a day for at least 5 days to get rid of Leucorrhoea. This mixture is also helpful for to treat male sexual diseases like premature ejaculation, nightfall, cholesterol level in blood, constipation issues or cardiac disorders etc.
Top 10 Benefits of Jaggery
Jaggery, also known as “Gur” in Hindi is basically unrefined sugar obtained from raw, concentrated sugarcane juice. Though gur can be obtained from other sources like date palm (nolen gur), but the one made from sugarcane juice is most commonly used. It is prepared by boiling sugar cane juice till it solidifies and then put into blocks. There are many benefits of jaggery towards health.
Here are the Top 10 Jaggery benefits everybody should know:
- Prevents constipation and detoxifies liver: Jaggery stimulates the digestive enzymes of the body, promotes bowel movements and hence relieves constipation. It can be taken along with raw turmeric which cleanses the liver and removes the harmful toxins from our body.
- Prevents Anemia and purifies blood: One of the essential features of jaggery is that it purifies the blood and helps to increase the hemoglobin count in the blood. In addition, it is a rich source of iron and folate that ensures to keep a normal blood level in the body and hence prevents from anemia.
- Boosts intestinal health and aids digestion: Jaggery is rich in magnesium which boosts up the intestinal strength. It also helps to maintain the body temperature by keeping the stomach cool and promotes proper digestion.
- Promotes Weight loss: It’s potassium rich content helps to maintain electrolytic levels in the body, prevents water retention, boosts metabolic rate and is an effective element to induce weight loss.
- Controls blood pressure: Jaggery is highly rich in sodium and potassium which helps to regulate the acid levels in the body and keep a control on the blood pressure level of the body.
- Good source of energy: Jaggery is a source of simple carbohydrate that gets mixed up with the blood instantly and provides energy to the body. It also helps to reduce fatigue and weakness from the body.
- Cleanses respiratory tract : Regular consumption of Jaggery helps to get rid of many respiratory tract problems like asthma, bronchitis etc and also clears out the blocked respiratory tracts.
- Prevents joint pain: Eat a small cube of jaggery along with ginger to get rid of joint pain and arthritic issues.
- Treats Menstrual pain: Jaggery contains many essential nutrients which are an effective natural treatment for menstrual problems. You must eat one piece of jaggery everybody to get relief from menstrual cramps and other symptoms of PMS.
- Prevents Flu symptoms: It boosts the immune system and helps to prevent cold and flu symptoms in the body.
Home Remedy for dark circles/ Under Eye Shadow
* Apply 4 drops of Kumkumadi Oil over the clean face ( washed and dried) and make upward strokes. Leave it for 20mins. Rinse with water. Practice every day for 20 mins
before sleep . Will start to see results in 15-20days.* Put 2 drops of cow’s ghee ( warm and liquified) or 2 drops of sesame oil / 2 drops of Annu Thailam in each nostril before sleep. Do this for a couple of months and see
* Put 2 drops of cow’s ghee ( warm and liquified) or 2 drops of sesame oil / 2 drops of Annu Thailam in each nostril before sleep. Do this for a couple of months and see
the results. Spit out if any flem /mucous comes into your mouth followed by warm water gargling.
* Drink plenty of water and sleep 7-8 hours.
* Make a paste by adding 1/2 Spoon of gram flour + Pinch of Turmeric + 1/2 Teaspoon of tomato Juice + 1/2 teaspoon of mint powder and 1/2 Spoon of lemon juice. Mix
them all and make a paste. Apply the same on washed and dried face. Leave it for 20mins. Thereafter wash it off with water.
Repeat this same on every 2 days and see the result after 10-15 application.