For the treatment of leucorrhoea at home: Take one ripened banana, smash it and mix it with 6 grams of pure ghee and eat it every morning and evening every day. Regular consumption of the mixture will prevent Leucorrhoea and its harmful effects. Important Notice: If...read more
Top 10 Benefits of Jaggery
Jaggery, also known as “Gur” in Hindi is basically unrefined sugar obtained from raw, concentrated sugarcane juice. Though gur can be obtained from other sources like date palm (nolen gur), but the one made from sugarcane juice is most commonly used. It is prepared by boiling sugar cane juice till it solidifies and then put into blocks. There are many benefits of jaggery towards health.
Here are the Top 10 Jaggery benefits everybody should know:
- Prevents constipation and detoxifies liver: Jaggery stimulates the digestive enzymes of the body, promotes bowel movements and hence relieves constipation. It can be taken along with raw turmeric which cleanses the liver and removes the harmful toxins from our body.
- Prevents Anemia and purifies blood: One of the essential features of jaggery is that it purifies the blood and helps to increase the hemoglobin count in the blood. In addition, it is a rich source of iron and folate that ensures to keep a normal blood level in the body and hence prevents from anemia.
- Boosts intestinal health and aids digestion: Jaggery is rich in magnesium which boosts up the intestinal strength. It also helps to maintain the body temperature by keeping the stomach cool and promotes proper digestion.
- Promotes Weight loss: It’s potassium rich content helps to maintain electrolytic levels in the body, prevents water retention, boosts metabolic rate and is an effective element to induce weight loss.
- Controls blood pressure: Jaggery is highly rich in sodium and potassium which helps to regulate the acid levels in the body and keep a control on the blood pressure level of the body.
- Good source of energy: Jaggery is a source of simple carbohydrate that gets mixed up with the blood instantly and provides energy to the body. It also helps to reduce fatigue and weakness from the body.
- Cleanses respiratory tract : Regular consumption of Jaggery helps to get rid of many respiratory tract problems like asthma, bronchitis etc and also clears out the blocked respiratory tracts.
- Prevents joint pain: Eat a small cube of jaggery along with ginger to get rid of joint pain and arthritic issues.
- Treats Menstrual pain: Jaggery contains many essential nutrients which are an effective natural treatment for menstrual problems. You must eat one piece of jaggery everybody to get relief from menstrual cramps and other symptoms of PMS.
- Prevents Flu symptoms: It boosts the immune system and helps to prevent cold and flu symptoms in the body.