Health benefits of garlic on human health : Garlic is an essential herb which is highly rich in potassium and fibre. Regular consumption of one clove of garlic in empty stomach cures indigestion issues. According to National Institute of Ayurvedic Sciences, Jaipur there are several health benefits of garlic :-
- The minerals present in garlic prevent blood clotting and helps to get rid of heart diseases.
- It also controls the blood pressure levels in the body and hence it is beneficial in diabetes.
- Garlic is highly rich in selenium that cures infertility issues in both males and females.
- The iodine content present in garlic helps to control hyperthyroid levels in the body.
- Garlic contains Acilin which helps to control blood pressure level in the body and also promotes weight management.
- It contains Allium Sulphide which helps to get rid of Cancer.
- The antioxidant present in garlic prevents Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation in the body, joint pain etc.
- The presence of vitamin B6 in the body helps to build up the immune system and fight against harmful diseases.
- Garlic along with honey acts as a fat cutting agent induces weight loss, prevents a cough and cold and also controls blood cholesterol levels in the body.
For the treatment of leucorrhoea at home:
Take one ripened banana, smash it and mix it with 6 grams of pure ghee and eat it every morning and evening every day. Regular consumption of the mixture will prevent Leucorrhoea and its harmful effects.
Important Notice: If the above composition works for you then 4-6 drops of honey can be mixed which will complement the benefits of the remedy.
Point to Remember: Never use the same quantity of honey or ghee as it will turn into a poisonous mixture.
Useful Tips and Remedies
- For treating leucorrhoea, the cleanliness of vagina is the most important prospect. It should be cleaned and washed after every urination process.
- Boil neem leaves in 500 liters of water. Make it cool and use that water for vaginal wash.
- Mix 2 grams of alum powder in 500 liters of warm water and wash your vagina with this water during a bath or after urination for better results. Alum acts as an antiseptic which prevents further infections in the vaginal area.
- The use of neem or alum destroys the negative effects of Leucorrhoea, provides fast relief from the disease and also helps to remove the bad odor of private parts.
- In a case of any kind of pimples or scars in the vaginal area, boil 50 grams of neem leaves in 1-liter water. Let the water to be cooled. Mix 3 grams of alum in the cool water and use the lotion to get rid of the problem soon.
- Rice water obtained from boiled rice should be cooled for 20 minutes. Drink the warm rice water in the evening 2 hours before the dinner for 3-7 days. This is a great home remedy to treat leucorrhoea. According to Ayurveda, rice water is considered as an energy drink which is nutritious, delicious, acts as a digestive supplement and has great cooling effects.
- This remedy must be continued for 2-3 months for chronic leucorrhoea problem.
- Fry 1 kg of Moong dal in a dry pan without using oil. Powder the fried moong dal and make Laddu by mixing 100 grams of pure ghee and 100 grams powdered sugar in it. Eat one laddu every day in empty stomach to get rid of leucorrhoea. Regular consumption for a week can treat Leucorrhoea from the roots.
- Powder dry amla along with seeds and rock candy (misri) separately and mix them in equal proportion. Take 1 teaspoonful of the mixture along with water in the empty stomach two times a day for at least 5 days to get rid of Leucorrhoea. This mixture is also helpful for to treat male sexual diseases like premature ejaculation, nightfall, cholesterol level in blood, constipation issues or cardiac disorders etc.
Home Remedy for dark circles/ Under Eye Shadow
* Apply 4 drops of Kumkumadi Oil over the clean face ( washed and dried) and make upward strokes. Leave it for 20mins. Rinse with water. Practice every day for 20 mins
before sleep . Will start to see results in 15-20days.* Put 2 drops of cow’s ghee ( warm and liquified) or 2 drops of sesame oil / 2 drops of Annu Thailam in each nostril before sleep. Do this for a couple of months and see
* Put 2 drops of cow’s ghee ( warm and liquified) or 2 drops of sesame oil / 2 drops of Annu Thailam in each nostril before sleep. Do this for a couple of months and see
the results. Spit out if any flem /mucous comes into your mouth followed by warm water gargling.
* Drink plenty of water and sleep 7-8 hours.
* Make a paste by adding 1/2 Spoon of gram flour + Pinch of Turmeric + 1/2 Teaspoon of tomato Juice + 1/2 teaspoon of mint powder and 1/2 Spoon of lemon juice. Mix
them all and make a paste. Apply the same on washed and dried face. Leave it for 20mins. Thereafter wash it off with water.
Repeat this same on every 2 days and see the result after 10-15 application.
This article is regarding the Weight Loss Remedies which will provide you amazing methods that will help you lose about 3-4 kg per week without starving or following a strict diet! Detoxification of liver can flush out toxins from the body which induces weight loss.
The Detoxification processes can be enhanced by vegetables and drinks. But, in your leisure time, you should try and prepare your own home-made recipes which promote weight loss.
Some of the major weight loss remedies are as follows:
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
300 ml of water
1st Method : Steps for Preparation:
Blend all the ingredients until you get a homogenous mixture.
Drink the mixture in the evening and before bedtime.
This juice is to speed up the metabolism processes in the body so that more calories can be burnt.
6 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 garlic cloves
500 ml of water with ice cubes
2nd Method : Steps for Preparation:
Blend all the ingredients together. Drink this remedy on an empty stomach in the morning. Always make sure to take a lot of green tea without sugar and consume fresh vegetables, fiber-rich fruits, and grains regularly! Stay hydrated to keep your metabolic rate faster.
- This remedy will prevent the transformation of carbohydrates to fats in the body.
- The Adipose tissue of the body is broken down very fast with these drinks.
- The toxins of the body are flushed out completely.
- It tones up the body and gives you an attractive body shape.
Insomnia – Facts, Myths and Remedies
Insomnia is the commonest health issue affecting a large number of the population is a condition which does not allow a person to sleep or stay asleep even if the person has the opportunity to do so. According to Ayurveda, it is a VATAJ disorder and thus has to be treated in its earlier stage before it further deteriorates one’s health condition both physically and mentally. Due to lack of sleep, there is always a feeling of dissatisfaction and other related issues like – fatigue, loss of concentration, lack of energy and enthusiasm level, the heaviness of body and head, restlessness, mood swings and other related issues.
Insomnia is of two types depending upon its duration – Acute and Chronic. Acute insomnia usually happens because of certain situations like stressful conditions as before exam night or after receiving some bad news, sometimes due to the excitement and so on. In such a condition the person may experience disturbed sleep or feels hard to fall asleep and this generally passes away in a day or two without any treatment. Such type of situation has been experienced by most of the people in general.
But in Chronic Insomnia – a person usually experiences disturbed sleep or feels hard to fall asleep for longer durations like for many days in a week, or month and so. This usually occurs due to reasons such as – Old age (with growing age Vata increases in the body leading degenerative changes in the body and disturbed sleep), in females usually, during the menopausal period there is a hormonal imbalance which leads to symptoms like HOT FLUSHES and disturbed sleep. Situations like environmental changes, bad sleep patterns for a long time, irregular work shift, and many times a drug addiction or any other clinical conditions leads to Insomnia.
People in such cases may get benefit by changing their lifestyle and food habit and also some medications or treatment will help them to cope up with such conditions. If this problem is not being resolved at an earlier stage then it starts to show its influence on person’s work, health and behavior too.
So what is the best way to solve this health problem? What a person must and should do if he/she is suffering from this problem?
To resolve this problem, one must try to do normal things like changes in their lifestyle and food habits, training their mind not to push the panic button and maintain calmness as in most of the cases, insomnia leads to irritation, behavioural changes and even creates panic situation which further make them frustrated and depress their sleep. Thus training the mind to be Patient and calm is the Key to resolving sleep disorder.
There are lots of information available on the internet to regularize the sleep but many times it confuses the person because this information can be true or sometimes can misguide too. Thus there are many facts and Myths about Insomnia like –
– Does Sleeping pills (Chemicals) really help to resolve Insomnia?
– Is this a Psychological issue?
– Is there any permanent cure for Insomnia and so on.
Likewise, there are few statements listed beneath about Insomnia and whether it’s a Myths or the statement is True , will be discussed one by one .
- Is Insomnia 100% due to Psychological problems?
The above-mentioned statement is a Myth! Insomnia can occur due to many causes such as intake of medicines for a chronic health issue, irregular sleep patterns, irregular work shifts etc. So, alone 100% Psychological condition is not the cause for Insomnia. Many times, some Psychological issues and stress can lead to Insomnia. But this does not mean that Insomnia is 100% Psychological .
- Watching television or surfing Computer before bed helps to fall sleep early?
This statement is a Myth too. Watching television or surfing Computer just before sleeping does not help an individual to fall asleep. In fact, it stimulates the mind or we can say it increases the VATA dosha (disturbs the VATA Dosha) which further leads to bad Sleep. Loud noise and too much light should be avoided before sleep. Yes, a light soft music or we can say light soothing music will help to attain good sleep.
- Does taking Chemical Sleeping pills OK?
Well, today in the market there are so many safer sleeping ( Chemical) pills available but these are not at all good for the long run as they pills will make you addicted, which further may lead to other health issues. These pills will slowly and gradually hamper your decision-making ability and will develop an unusual fear and will make you more dependent and leave in a confusing state of mind. So, try to avoid these pills as much as you can.
- Shall a person get out of bed if he/she is not falling asleep?
Yes, getting out of bed if not getting sleep helps. Many times, when a person does not get sleep and still tries to fall asleep irritates the person and instead of getting sleep the person gets frustrated and watches the clock which further makes the condition worse. So, it is always advisable that rather than turning around in your bed and getting annoyed, it’s better to get up, try to drink a glass of water or milk ( if possible), listen to some good light relaxing music or read a book to divert your mind. Doing such activities will calm you down and divert your mind and may help you to fall asleep.
- Can one train them to fall asleep?
Yes, one can train or teach themselves to fall asleep. There are many techniques which will help them to cope up with this problem and have a good regular and natural sleep. As per Ayurveda, this starts with diet management and reducing too much of cold beverages, salty and fried food articles help to resolve this issue. Also reducing items like white flour, kidney beans, cauliflower, red and green chili, refrigerated food articles, chickpea (especially in a night or late night hours) help a lot. These tips followed by some good activities like – A good head massage in the evening hours, washing your legs before sleep, trying to do meditation, a warm shower and keeping patience will definitely help you to cope up with this health problem. The only thing is to do these activities on a regular interval and desired results will be achieved.
- It’s been stated that the Sleep problem goes away on its own with time. Is this statement true or a Myth?
Well, the above statement is a Myth. If the sleep is disturbed due to anxiety, stress or other related problems and is not that old, then it will pass away in a couple of days but when we speak about the chronic Insomnia condition, then it would be wrong to say that it will go away on its own. In such a condition, one needs to find out the root cause of the problem and once it has being identified then the person has to follow certain specific activities including diet management, maintaining or changing a specific daily regimen and consuming some healthy food supplements along with some medicines (if needed) to resolve the problem. Thus it is always advisable to consult and discuss such health condition with a physician.
- Does consuming alcohol before sleep helps to get sleep?
It’s an MYTH. Consuming alcohol may help you to fall asleep but later on as it goes through the process of digestion may lead to disturbed sleep. It may also wake you up early and as per Ayurveda, it will increase the Pitta (The Fire Element) in your body which will further cause sleep disorders. Also, consuming alcohol on a regular basis will make you addicted for the same too. So be aware of such suggestions.
- Doing regular exercise helps reduce insomnia. Is it statement true or a Myth?
The above-said statement is 100% True. Doing regular exercise helps to get good sound sleep as by physical activities the blood circulation increases which in turns provide more oxygen to cells of the body and eliminates toxins, improves digestion and helps to attain good sleep. Just keep in mind that very hard physical exercise just before bedtime should be avoided as that may not help to get good sleep. Always try to workout at least 3-4 hours before sleep.
- One can make up for their lost sleep? Is that true?
No, this statement is false and it is a Myth only. One cannot make up for their lost sleep by sleeping more when possible. Also, it will always be hard to get asleep if their regular time and the schedule for sleep is disturbed. Also due to lack of sleep, a person cannot concentrate on his regular activities resulting in problems with his health and this leads to the downfall of his personal and professional life.
Thus these are few common statements which confuse the person and further worsen his health condition and so it is always advisable to consult immediately with a health consultant if you too have the problem of getting regular and sound sleep.
Tips which may help you to cope up with your health condition!
Finally, after so much discussion, we are hereby going to mention some Ayurvedic Solutions (Herbal Recipes and Ayurvedic Supplements) to fight Insomnia. These herbal remedies and solutions do not have any side effect on health and if being followed on a regular basis will definitely help you to overcome your sleep disorder.
- Drinking Golden Milk Before sleeps for better sleep.
Golden Milk preparation – Take one cup of warm milk and add half tea spoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of honey to it. Stir the solution and drink in a warm state only before going to bed. This recipe balances the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha levels of the body, help to relax the mind and induces sound sleep. This recipe has to be taken on a regular basis before going to bed for a minimum of 20 -30 days to see the result. The following recipe can be continued for entire life span without any issues as this recipe will also enhance once immunity. Please note anyone who is allergic to milk and milk products should do not try this recipe.
2. Milk with dates.
Another very good recipe to help you fall asleep is Milk with dates. Take one cup of milk and add 2-3 pieces of Dates. Boil them together for 3-4 minutes. Then pour the milk along with dates in a glass and try to drink the same in little warm condition. This milk with dates is much better especially in the winter season and again has to be consumed for minimum 15-20 days to see the result. This again has to be consumed before sleep. Please avoid consuming milk if you had consumed fish or Meat in the dinner.
Doing head massage with Herbal oils like Neelibhringadi oil, Brahmi Oil, Amla oil is one of the unique ways to fight Insomnia. A very good and gentle head massage with this medicated oil will help immensely to have a good sleep. All these medicated oils help to reduce the anxiety level, balances the stress make the person totally relax. A gentle head massage in the evening hours after returning from work or just before sleep is the best natural way to get a good sound sleep.
One can use from 15ml-30 ml of oil depending upon the length of the hairs and rub them gently over the scalp. This can be done by self or can be done by a trained therapist. For better results always try to make the oil little warm.
– Like head massage, a complete body massage with medicated oils will help to reduce sleep disorder.
Massage should always be done with warm medicated oil for better results. One can use oil like Dhanwantaram Oil, Bala oil, Murivenna oil for the massage. These oils are available mostly in all Ayurvedic medical stores or even online portals. Also, these oils can be used by anyone irrespective of any age and gender.
Shirodhara Therapy is the best and instant result oriented Natural therapy to get rid of Insomnia. Shirodhara is an Ayurvedic Panchkarma therapy being performed in all Ayurvedic centers available across the globe. In this process, the person is made to lay down on a special massage table and then a steady flow of a warm medicated oil is poured over the forehead of the person continuously for 50 minutes to an hour. During this process, the person feels immense relaxation and fall asleep during the process only.
This process has to be done for a number of sessions which can be anywhere between 7-14 sessions or even 21 sessions if needed. The oil used for this particular process is Ksheerbala oil. This oil when being used for this process gives a much better result.
– Apart from these home remedies and Ayurvedic therapies, there are many Herbal supplements too which helps to cure Insomnia.
These are natural supplements which can be taken even without any doctors consultation (if required) as they are totally safe. Some herbs are- Brahmi, Tagara, Shankhapushpi.
These supplements are manufactured by many leading herbal pharmaceuticals companies and are manufactured in Tablet, Capsule and powder form. The usual dosage of a capsule/tablet for an adult is – One to two capsules twice a day after meals.
So these are some healthy, harmless tips which will help to cope up with insomnia. Hope the following information will help you.
Braahm Muhurt is from 3:00 am until sunrise. We should leave bed in Braahm Muhurt, relieve ourselves, and start the practice of meditation. Braahm Muhurt time is a golden time for all life forms. At this time all life forms in the creation wake up and sing the praises of the Lord, each in their own language. Birds start to chirp, cows start to moo. Lions start to roar. It appears as though all of them are expressing their gratitude towards the Supreme Father in their own language- “ O Lord! You made the air in which we all breathe. You made the land on which we live. You made food-water, fruits-flowers, which are the means to our sustenance. If the night time be addressed as a temporary dissolutionthen braahm Muhurt comes everyday on this earth with a new creation in its lap.
The practitioner of meditation should not let go of this golden time. We should practice meditation in Braahm Muhurt time by sitting in a firm posture in a decided place. During summer months it will be good to take bath also at this time with cold water. In this Braahm Muhurt time, a special energy emanates from the supreme soul towards earth. That is why practice done at this time keeps us fresh for the entire duration of the day and also keep us energized in our daily routine. The experience of that special energy of God stays with us the entire day. In ancient times our rishis, maharishis,saints and the Emperors ruling over Earth would arise at this time and deliberate upon the matters of their kingdom. Students, Bramhacharis would renounce sleep at this time and get busy in their studies. The result would be that they would achieve their objective in life by the practice of meditation for a little time and putting in effort for a small duration of time. Hence we should take benefit of this golden time of Braahm Muhurt. It comes only once in an interval of 24 hours of night and day.
To be able to make good use of this golden time we will need to eat light,easily digestible, sattvik food in the night. Heavy, tamsik and excessive intake of food gives rise to sleep and laziness. People who eat such food in the night wake up late in the morning. They don’t even know when the sun rose in the horizon. And there are many people who have never even seen the rising sun in their entire life. We should not let that happen to us. Braahm Muhurt is giving us a message—
“Uttishthat Jaagrat Praapya varaannibodhat”. Arise, awaken, experience the touch of God’s Bestowing Hands. We should not be late in going to bed at night. Television, cinema, theatre etc., should not be watched late into the night. For every adult practitioner of meditation a minimum amount of 6 hours of sleep is inappropriate. Minors of younger age can sleep upto 8 hours.
But they should leave bed before sunrise and must give time to the practice of meditation. This will rejuvenate the mind, body and soul and induce peace in a person. This discipline exists for both male and female practitioners.
Practising meditation at (Godhuli vela) time in the evening is no less than practising it at Braahm Muhurt time in the morning. Godhuli is the time when the sun has set but still it is light,i.e.,the time between sunset and last light. When sitting down for the practice , first of all, with pure thoughts, remembering the divine form of God in our heart, we should bow in his feet with individed devotion and a feeling of self surrender. Thereafter we should meditate upon the instructed place. Again, we should do prayer, Aarti and shantipaath in the morning and night before meals and should read holy treatises with attention on their meaning. The book “Swarved” should be there with all the practitioners. Every discipline-family must get the monthly vihangam yoga magazine. All disciples and practitioners should pay attention to this. For human, form it is hard to attain! To put it to good use is, indeed, our duty. Rest is upon the God.
Dr. Arindham Chatterjee
M.D. Global Ayucare™