Karpooradi Thailam named after karpoor (camphor) is an Ayurvedic herbal oil, prepared using camphor with sesame oil or coconut oil as a base. It is used in muscular pain, rheumatic complaints, muscle cramps etc. It has another name known as Karpuradi tailam.
- Pain and Swelling over joints.
Karpooradi oil Ingredients:
It is prepared either in coconut oil or Sesame oil base.
Another ingredient is – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
Karpooradi Thailam Benefits:
- It is used for wide variety of complaints.
- It is used to relieve muscular pain, rheumatoid complaints, joint pain, and stiffness of joints.
- It relieves muscle pain and stiffness.
- It also provides relief to chest congestion.
- It has got magnificent effects that improve blood circulation and brings about warmth.
- It is used to relieve neck pain, back pain, and multiple joint pains.
- It works excellent for cramps, numbness.
Karpporadi Thailam – Usage:
It can be used for external application only.
It is generally used as massage oil. Apply this oil over the pain area and do Swedana therapy with a flannel dipped in water boiled with caster leaves- Eranda patra or Vatamkolli- Justicia gendarussa.
Can we use Karpooradi oil for a migraine?
Yes, 8 – 10 drops of Karpooradi oil is taken into the finger tips and rubbed gently over the forehead for 2 minutes. It will relieve the pain associated with a migraine though it is a temporary remedy.