Mahamasha Thailam is one of the powerful Ayurveda oil used for the treatment of neurological conditions like paralysis. Black gram is the main ingredient of this oil. It can be used both for external and internal administration. It contains a non vegetarian ingredient.
- Emaciation of extremities, Numbness, Contraction, Hamiplegia, Facial paralysis, Deafness, Sciatica, Brachial palsy.
Mahamasha Thailam Ingredients:
Masha (black gram) – Phasleolus Mungo – 1.536 kg
Dashamoola – group of ten herbs – together – 2.4 kg.
They are : Bilva – Aegle marmelos
Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
Prinshnaparni – Urarica picta
Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
Brihati – Solanum indicum
Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
Chaga mamsa – goat meat – 1.44 kg
Water – 12.288 liters
The above mixture is boiled together and reduced to 3.072 liters. Some companies boil goat meat and rest herbal mixture separately and then add both together.
This Kashayam is added with
Tila taila – oil of Sesamum indicum – 768 ml
Cow milk – 3.072 liters
Paste made with 12 grams of each of fine powders of following herbs –
Atmagupta – Mucuna pruriens
Urubaka – Castor root – Ricinus communis
Shatahva – Anethum sowa
Lavana Traya – group of three salts – Rock salt, sochal salt, common salt.
Jeevaneeya group of herbs
Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
Chavya – Piper chaba
Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
Katphala – Myrica nagi
Vyosha – Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper, and ginger
Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata
Madhuka – Licorice – GLycyrrhiza glabra
Saindhava – rock salt
Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
Kushta – Saussurea lappa
Vajigandha – Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
Vacha – Acorus calamus
Shati – Hedychium spicatum
All these are boiled together to prepare herbal oil.
Mahamasha Thailam Benefits:
- It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of Paralysis, Palsy etc.
- It is used to treat deafness, tinnitus. For this, it is either used to instill a few drops directly into the ear or by the internal administration.
- It helps to relieve stiffness, pain in locked jaw, headache and eye diseases.
- It is helpful to relieve the pain of multiple joint aches and pains pertaining to hands, legs, head, and neck.
- It is used in the treatment of lumbar and cervical spondylosis.
- It is also used to relieve pain due to blunt injuries, rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis.
- It is used to cure Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy, and such other neurological problems.
- It is one of the best massage oils to relieve tiredness and for aged people.
- It is administered orally and as nasya oil in treating frozen shoulder.
Mahamash oil, Mahamash tail, Mahamasha tailam
How To Use Mahamasha Thailam?
For internal administration: Please consult an Ayurvedic Doctor for any kind of instruction regarding internal administration.
If the oil is prepared as per the formula and without the use of preservatives, it can be used for internal administration.
Internally, it is used for oral administration and also for Vasti Panchakarma therapy (Oil Suppository treatment).
Mahamasha Thailam Dosage:
For oral administration the usual dosage: 5 – 10 drops once or twice a day before food with hot water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
Externally it is used in all types of oil treatments like Massage, Dhara treatment, Shirovasti etc.
Mahamasha Thailam Side Effects:
There are no known side effects with this oil. However, people with diabetes, hypercholesterolaemia and high BP should exercise precaution while taking orally.
Usage in Preparing Ayurvedic medicines:
Mahamasha Thailam(tel) is used as oil base to prepare liniments and herbal pain relieving oils.